Maintaining Stair Nosings And Trims
To maintain the appearance and performance of your stair nosings to the highest standards, we recommend the following maintenance regime:
- Avoid acids, alkalis, strong detergents and any type of polish that may reduce the anti-slip properties of the nosing.
- Weekly cleaning is advised, but a more frequent regime needs to be considered in heavy traffic areas.
- Remove immediately any build up of dirt and grease that may cause a hazard.
- Clean inserts with a mild detergent diluted in water.
- Carefully wipe over the nosing with a damp cloth and then wipe dry with a clean dry cloth.
- The aluminium can be lightly buffed using a suitable burnished steel wool.